Thursday 30 June 2011

It's cherry time!



Tuesday's outfit:

T-shirt - H&M, thrifted
Skirt - made by me from a pass-me-down dress (cut off the bodice, sew an elastic chanel, insert elastic)
Headband - made by me
Necklace - made by me (see below)
Bracelet - most probably a gift from my cousins (see below)
Belt - found at home (no one has worn it since I was born, as far as I can tell)

Ours are actually tart cherries, so they'll get even darker and I'm just posing, not picking them.
The outfit resembles more the sweet cherries we used to have when I was a child. Then the tree died. Later on, we got this tart cherry one. That one's going strong, stronger with every year. Want cherries?
(Well, sending cherries overseas would not be a good idea. Sorry.)


I used up most of my red wooden beads for the necklace. Some of them are old, some of them (the shaped ones) are bought new about a year ago. I was afraid I would not have enough of them and that it would end up with a weird length, but it turned out just about perfect. Including the number of beads (the design took some counting).

The bracelet is simply wooden beads on an elastic. I think I got it from my cousins several years ago (that's why I can't remember for sure). I've always liked it, but never knew what to wear it with - until now.

7 comments:

  1. What a delightfully effective outfit! Very pleasing. I love the colours together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. So do I! I love how summery they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my - so elegant! I think you might become a professional cherry picker, and appear dressed like this. Who could resist such a person? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also meant to say that just yesterday I saw a recipe - you cook up some sour cherries with sugar and water about 10 mins. Mix up some sour cream with a bit of lemon juice and some brown sugar. Put the s. cream mix over some pound cake, and top it with the cherry mix. (you are actually supposed to grill the cake first, but that seems a bit over-the-top to me)

    Sounds good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this outfit - and I'm passionately fond of cherry picking time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I have picked apples, pumpkins and blueberries as well as peaches but never cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's father who picks them, and I'm trying to come up with ways to use them...

    ReplyDelete