Friday 28 June 2013

This would have been me

Auguste Toulmouche: Dans la bibliothèque, 1872

I ran into this picture on Pinterest (ha!), but it's taken from Wiki. I would have totally worn that dress (plus some short sleeves, that is), and I would have totally read like that, and stood like that, because I already have - see my profile picture. As a Whovian, I imagine this would be the time-traveller me. I can guarantee you I'd go straight for the bookcase.
And now I want a bookcase like that, too. And to wear that hairstyle.

I love those books haphazardly left open on the chair. I do that, too, even though it's bad for the books. I just never have enough bookmarks.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that funny how sometimes you happen upon a painting that reminds you of yourself? That has happened to me a few times. It makes you want to get your hands on a dress just like the one in the picture and put your hair up just so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never happened to me so much like this: including the colours of the furniture! (I have loved those shades of greyish blueish green for years, and have wanted them in my future house for years.) And now I really want a dress like that (plus the sleeves) and to figure out just how she pinned her hair up like that... it looks simple enough to recreate, but I'm not sure how exactly the hair goes on her head.

      Delete
  2. That's amazing! I love how you both stood in the same position!

    ReplyDelete