Thursday 27 January 2011

Look what I've got! - the tools edition 2

I keep forgetting to post things.

Like the awesome thing I got from my mom for Christmas.

These are bobbin lace bobbins. Some 46 of them, if I remember correctly. 23 pairs, then. That already makes room for some good bobbin lace experimenting.
Right now I'm still working on the first bookmark, with bobbins borrowed from my grandma, on a pillow borrowed from my aunt.
But now I already have my own bobbins and my own beginnings of a pillow, so I can feel more free about the whole bobbin lace thing.
I just wish I had that pretty antique tool for threading the bobbins that my grandma has. I doubt there's another one in the world, although you never know. No, alas, I don't have a photo of it.

I'll post a picture of the bookmark in making later. When I remember to do it.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ambitious - I wish you well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...lacemaking is something that really scares me. You must be brave - and patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... it will probably take me ten years to finish something worthwhile, but it will be worth it. *giggle*
    Seriously: it's a family tradition I want to keep going. So I suppose I have a bit of inherent talent.

    ReplyDelete