Friday, 28 January 2011

A bit more hope for the pink poplin

So, because I'm prone to forgetting, I'm preparing a batch of posts to be posted on a schedule automatically, while I still remember to do it. :-)

Do you remember the Very Pink Poplin of Doom?

I've found another fabric companion for it. Even better than the flowered seersucker, because this one is a bit of a white elephant in itself.


It used to be a random, cotton-polyester, US-originated pillowcase that I have no idea how we had obtained. Several years ago, at the beginning of my sewing career, I tried to make a blouse out of it, which turned out to be more of a failed muslin (because the pattern Did Not Fit, and the wear of the pillowcase showed more than I expected).
It's been lying around somewhere all the years. Now I think I still can salvage it into something usable. Probably not wearable, but usable.

4 comments:

  1. So now you have two fabrics that you don't know what to do with? That poplin is VERY pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking some kind of patchwork... to tone down the Very Pink-ness.
    But I'm not sure WHAT to make out of the patchowrk...

    ReplyDelete