Tuesday 1 April 2014

I'm looking at you, Oona


I've suddenly realised that I'm somewhat bolder - or perhaps more "so what?" - about pattern combinations than I used to be. It's subtle, subtler than Oona's technicolour, but it's there. I would not have put this simple everyday outfit together like this - maybe not even a year ago. Or if I would have, I would have felt self-conscious walking the street like that, wondering if it looks weird. I only started feeling self-conscious today upon realising that I wasn't, that I liked what I was wearing.

I suppose this is how personal style happens. When you stop putting your clothes on just like that. And then you stop worrying if your clothes match and if the skirt hits a good spot on your legs and if the sweater does not make you look fat (actually, I don't think I've personally ever worried about that last item, but you get the picture). And you put your clothes on just like that.

I don't wear this every day - I still have trousers that don't fit me very well, and things. But this is what I can throw together when I feel like it and none of it is in the wash etc. etc. And looking at that photo - a quick snap with the camera sitting wobblingly on a chair, because the tripod is at home, and still the photo looks good - I think here I've managed the art of harmonising with my environment, too. :D

I wear that Felicitas Queisser scarf All. The. Time. I like having this as my signature style, for obvious reasons. I really need more fichu-en-marmote-able scarves. Ones I could wear with my bolder colours, too.

 * * *

I'm actually not looking at Oona. I'm looking into the garden. Some spring colours are very bold.



6 comments:

  1. I like it, Hana! (is that forsythia? too early for us yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Also known here as "golden rain", although I'm told it's not the golden rain proper and the proper name for forsythia is "zlatice". :D
      I think a lot of Spring came a bit early for us this year, inversely.

      Delete
  2. i'm looking back at you, and jealous of that zlatice. we had a small army of it in our backyard growing up, and i was always so happy when it started to bloom... hey! synergy, just as your pattern mixing is staring to bloom :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too jealous, because it's actually in the neighbouring garden, and I can't go into our garden either; it's locked and I don't have the key and can only access the garbage bins. :P
      But it's pretty much everywhere in the Czech Republic. Gardens and parks. And sometimes it is in bloom around Easter (clearly not this year), so it makes it into Easter decorations.
      And it's somehow exactly your kind of flower; I'm not surprised. :D

      Delete
  3. Adorable outfit! I love the brown and blue combination.... my two favorite colors. The skirt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never... Thank you. :-) I like blue in combination with many things, and brown looks good with this paler shade.

      Delete